Parrothouse.com

Header Parotthouse

Beware of Non Stick Cooking Ware

Danger Non Stick Surface for Parrotts

It is important for the bird owners to know about the danger of using cookware with non-stick surface. The problem is that cookware is coated with PTFE sold under trade names as Teflon, Silverstone, and some others is deadly for the parrots. When heated to more than 525 degrees Fahrenheit PTFE breaks down, emitting highly toxic fumes, which are extremely harmful for your parrot. And not only cookware! In fact, all PTFE coated items like hair dryers, irons, ironing boards, and some heaters give off toxic fumes as well. So the best you could do for your bird is remove all Teflon coated items and choose cookware made of cast iron, stainless steel or Pyrex. If you are not ready to stop using Teflon coated items right away at least try to use them with great care.